Outdated Wget 1.5.0 manual

Hi!

I am the author of the `Wget' utility, that has been a Debian package
for some time now.  It has been brought to my attention that a new
package for 1.5.0 version has been created, so I downloaded it from
<URL:ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/slink/main/binary-i386/web/wget_1.5.0-1.deb>.

One annoying thing is that the old manual page (`wget.1') from Wget
1.4.5 is distributed along with the package.

As of 1.5.0, I am no longer distributing the manual page for Wget, for
these reasons:

* The page was old and totally out of synch with Wget.  It is enough
  work to update one form of documentation (`wget.texi'), let alone
  keep the two of them synched up;

* In spite of the very clear out-of-date warning at the beginning of
  the page, I received (and still do receive) queries related to the
  features documented in the Info manual.  When I explain that the
  features are documented in the manual, the usual answer is "oh, but
  I didn't find it in the man-page";

* Removing it is the right thing to do.  No documentation is probably
  better than outdated documentation.  Given the fact that Wget *is*
  documented in the Info manual, the choice was clear;

* The only reason why wget.1 ever existed in the first place was that
  I didn't know Texinfo at the time of writing it.

Mr. Goncalves, the maintainer of `wget.deb', hasn't even bothered to
drop me a note informing me of his decision to retain the old man
page, or at least to ask me why it was removed -- I learned of his
decision from a friend.

I am not acquainted with the Debian system's policy in cases like
this, but I, as the program author, would now like to ask that you
remove the outdated manpage from the next Debian package containing
Wget.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia