Re: Books or Debian wrong? and other stuff

> > And as long as I am here, I have noticed that the escape charactor in
> > kermit does not work ^\.  Neither does there seem to be anyway to exit
> > dosemu other than killing the process.
>
> Kermit is full of bugs, and hamm does not have a current version.

Kermit is easy to download, compile and install, and works well.
Ctrl-\ is the escape character, but you have to follow it with another
character to cause anything to happen.  For example, Ctrl-\ C will get
you back to the kermit prompt, and Ctrl-\ ? will give you a list of
other escaped commands.

--Pete, who has downloaded, compiled and installed A LOT of things by
hand, thanks to using Debian's prehistoric "stable" 1.3.  I've got so
much stuff in /usr/local now, my computer tipped over...  "Debian?
That's like Slackware, only they never come out with a new CD." ;)