Re: Internet from Windows/NT thru Linux

-----Original Message-----
From: iquest <iquest@gte.net>
To: Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Tuesday, 5 May 1998 7:49
Subject: Internet from Windows/NT thru Linux

>Hi,
>
>  I'm currently connecting to the internet from the Debian/Linux
>  box.  I'd like to know how would I go about access the internet
>  from other PCs (windows/nt) which are on the same network as my
>  Linux box.

There are two main ways (that I am aware of anyway)

1) If you have static IP address from your ISP for all of the machines on
your network.  Recompile your kernel for ip forwarding and set the gateway
of your other pc's to the ip address of your linux box.

2) If you don't have static IP address.  Read the IP-Masquerade HOWTO
(/usr/doc/HOWTO/mini - if you have installed them) which will explain it a
lot better than I can :)

Regards,

Paul.