samba error: device does not exist on the network

Good morning,

	I'm experiencing some difficulties with a samba server I've got,
and frankly I'm perplexed.  I'm trying to use user security on a server
that was providing server security, and I'm getting the above message (The
specified device does not exist on the network).

	It worked fine as a server-security samba server, and I believe it
worked fine as a user-security samba server, but doesn't any more.  The
only thing which I can identify as having changed recently is additional
virtual interfaces on the primary ethernet card.

	Any suggestions on where to look?  I've attached my config file
for reference

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr.
Systems and Networks Administrator

JD-WEB Computer Sales and Service
429 Market St.				templin@jdweb.com
Lewisburg, PA 17837			(717)523-6800
[global]
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = no
   guest account = nobody
   workgroup = jdweb
   netbios aliases = members
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
   interfaces = 204.186.230.249/255.255.255.128
   domain master = no
   local master = no
   preferred master = no
   os level = 2