Re: xntp ?

Shaleh wrote:

> Read them again (-:
>
> Ok, now that you are back....  Edit /etc/ntp.conf and put the server you
> wish to sync w/ in there.

Gee, if it's that simple, a ntpconfig command that might be as simple
as:

#!/bin/sh
$EDITOR /etc/ntp.conf

wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation.  Especially if the
/etc/ntp.conf
file contains germane comments.  How about the following for a start.

# /etc/ntp.conf - the xntp daemon configuration file

# to allow xntp to syncronize with other time servers whenever you're
# connected to the net, remove the leading # character from two or
# more of the following lines:

logfile /var/log/xntpd
driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/

statistics loopstats peerstats clockstats
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enabled
filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable

#server	black-ice.cc.vt.edu
#server churchy.udel.edu
#server louie.udel.edu
#server clock.psu.edu
#server clock-2.cs.cmu.edu

# a reference to a resource for determining available servers
# would be lovely here - if I only had a brain!