Re: How do I check disk space?

There is a compressed ext2 (linux) file system.  Like any compressed fs
though -- it is best left untouched.  It is safer and not that much more
expensive to get a bigger drive.  man is you friend.  man -k <topic>
gives lots of nice help.  There are also numerous HOWTOs in
/usr/doc/HOWTO once you install the docs packages.