Re: ANNOUNCE: deb-view.el 1.5 - deb file viewer for Emacs

Rick Macdonald wrote:

> deb-view version 1.5 was just released to master today, but I thought
> that I'd announce the changes here.

Handy emacs package!
A few comments:

> The new deb-find command is cool!

I think it should start off configured with `locate' since I'd expect most
people to have it.  The `find' default started out looking in the wrong
directory.

> (define-key dired-mode-map     "\C-d"     'deb-view-dired-view)

I don't see why you need this.  I added ("\\.deb$" . deb-view-mode) to the
auto-mode-alist as you suggested and deb-view-mode is used when I simply
visit a file with `f' in dired-mode.  The fewer keys to remember, the
better.  Simpler is better.

> If you like it, and want it available always, then add this line to your
> ~/.emacs file (or create ~/.emacs if you don't have one):
> (load "~/deb-view.el")

Instead you should add a last line to your file:  (provide 'deb-view)
and then we can use the more appropriate form:

  (require 'deb-view)

Thanks for a nice and useful package!
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada