Distributed computing, stellar computation

The following is a part of a message on the Ottawa-Carleton LUG list:

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 12:01:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: Ottawa Carlton Linux Users Group <oclug@list.achilles.net>
Subject: [oclug] Distributed Computing effort(s)

I'd like to get involved in some kind of distributed computing effort to
chew up the idle cycles of my CPU... I'm looked at distributed.net and
gone over the list, but there were some not listed there I heard spoken
about on the list awhile ago.

I'm not interested in spinning my system's wheels (so to speak) on the RCS
now. I was involved for the previous attack on it, and would like to move
on to something else...

The one that most interests me right now I beleive was (I think it was our
good Doctor even who mentioned it, although I could be wrong) aiding with
stellar traces (or something to do with the stars anyway)... I did not see
this one on distributed.net (they seem to only have the various encrytion
attacks right now)

... (author name withheld)

I was wondering if anyone on this list had heard of such a thing. If
so, please contact me. I will of course pass on the information to the
original poster. I'm crossposting to this list because I am very
curious, and I figure a wider readership may be able to help more.

--
  kiyan@iname.com   A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing
  A. Kiyan Azarbar  its opponents and making them see the light, but