Re: [off-topic] Distributed computing, stellar computation

If you poke around the RC5 page, there is (or was) a page with links to
other distributed computing projects, includeing some that looked to me
quite nifty: finding abelian (whatever they are if I spelled it right)
groups (which I suppose are of interest to number theorists), other mathy
things, and SETA at home, which struck me as something of a pulicity stunt
but cool nonetheless, where you sign your computer up and it gets fed data
from a listening station which you machine then performs Fourier transform
on and looks for all kinds of complicated signals with internal phase
drift and everything, which I guess makes it enough of a computing job
that the network can keep up (but they must have a pretty flashy central
server).

__
GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."

Britton Kerin