Re: Error at boot

"Julian Easterling" wrote:
  >I went back and reinstalled Debian and switched the partitions around. Now I
  >get a different "error" but it doesn't accept any input and the only way to
  >boot the system is with the boot floppy now.  Originally the swap partition
  >was first but named /hda2(?) and the Linux partition was /hda1 and the end.
  >I went back and changed the partitions so that the Linux partition was first
  >and called /hda1 and the swap partition was at the end.  The 'message' I get
  >is "LI" and that is it.  I looked at my lilo.conf file and it is listed
  >below:
  >boot=/dev/hda
  >install=/boot/boot.b
  >map=/boot/map
  >compact
  >vga=normal
  >delay=20
  >default=Linux
  >image=/vmlinuz
  >label=Linux
  >root=/dev/hda1
  >read-only
  ><<EOF>>
  >I am not sure what I am doing that is keeping the box from booting from the
  >hard drive.

After you change lilo.conf, you must run /sbin/lilo. Perhaps that did not get
done.

Try doing it now.

    Come to me, all you who labour and are heavily laden, and I will
    give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am
    meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest for your souls.
    For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.    (Matthew 11: 28-30)