Re: Memory problem....

	   I just converted yet another MS-dissatisified friend to Debian
   yesterday. However, when we were installing debian on his box, a P-100 w/ 32MB.
   freemem returns only 15MB or so free. Implying that debian only found the first
   16MB.

First, there is no command `freemem' AFAIK.  `free' is the command.

Second, you will rarely if ever see more than a small fraction of your
memory free.  Most of the time, it is used up by cache, which gets
freed automatically as necessary.  The number you should be concerned
about in the `free' output is Total, which should be somewhere between
31000 and 32000, approximately, for a 32 MB system.

HTH,

Ben.