Re: Bash help

to make bash wait a certain amount of time...
sleep(X) # X = number of seconds to "sleep"
as for detecting an error....
scripts can return errors just like any program...
I think maybe hmmm I forget exactly how...but I know its no differnt than a
program
-Steve

BRIAN SCHRAMM wrote:

>      I am trying to tell if a program is passing back an error in a Bash
>      script.  I would like to branch on receipt of the error to a wait
>      statement that will give me about 20 seconds and then retry.
>
>      My trouble is I cannot remember how to detect the error and how to
>      make the shell wait a definite amount of time.  Can anyone help me?
>
>      Thanks
>
>      Brian Schramm
>      bschramm@bigfoot.com
>      bschramm@email.usps.gov
>
> --

-=Signature has been removed because it made an unfair comparison between NT 4
and Linux =-
replacement: (ok I admit...I am bored..its a slow day at work)
[sjc@debian ~]$fortune -o
Anything more than 3 shakes is for fun.