Re: SmartList Trailer

On Tue, Apr 21, 1998 at 04:21:14PM -0400, Mark Sailer wrote:
> I'm looking to add a trailer to a mail list I'm running.
> I haven't been able to figure out how to add this.

> --

Trailer, you mean like the above?  Just add

#
# Appending a footer to every outgoing mail:
#

        :0 fbw
        | cat - footer.txt

to rc.local.s20 where footer.txt, of course, contains your trailer.

> The other thing I want to add is.... in the Subject: I want it
> to read:  [listname] actual_subject

This should work if you add

:0 fhw
| sed 's/Subject: /Subject: [$listname] /'

to rc.submit.

Please note that the first is tested and the second is untested
but just an idea.

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!   /