Re: making a kernel .deb file with make-kpkg

The proper syntax is like this:

make-kpkg --zimage kernel_image

You do not need to do the make clean, make dep, and all that stuff. All
you need to do is:

make-kpkg clean
make-kpkg --zimage (or --bzimage) kernel_image

And it will do everything for you.  I also manually run lilo just to make
sure.

I also add a --revision 2.0.32L or whichever kernel version with an L
after it to designate it as a locally generated kernel.

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Alain Toussaint wrote:

> where do i define this option,i tried it on the command line ( make-kpkg
> --targets=kernel_image ) but this hasn't worked,also,another
> question,what's the difference between a zImage kernel and a bzImage one
> ???
>
> thanks a lot
>
> Alain
>

> --

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org