Re: NiC Cards

> > exist in /lib/modules/2.0.x/net?  If not compile it as a module, install
> > it and reboot.
> No, the whole point of it being a module is that you can just use insmod
> to insert it, and you won't have to reboot at all.

Yes I know it isn't always necessary to reboot.  However, I just like to
keep modules.dep file up to date.  IIRC, I read somewhere that running
depmod doesn't always update the modules dependencies as necessary.  I
can't remember what documentation I saw this in but the docs said that
the modules.dep file should be erased and the system should be rebooted so
that modules.dep is rebuilt during the boot.  While this may not always be
necessary, I just got into the habit of doing it.

-Ossama