Re: NiC Cards

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Mike Holliday wrote:

> Thats fine and all, but seeing as I don't have any driver codes from 3Com
> how would I go about writing a driver for it?

I thought the driver code is already in the standard kernel source code.
You only need to turn on the support for your card, check that all other
configuration matches your hardware, compile the kernel and boot it.

So, what is your real problem? Don't you know how to compile and install
your own kernel? Do you have a compiled kernel with the right driver that
still doesn't work with your card? Or what?

Remco