Re: procmail question

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Art Lemasters wrote:

> > Hi all there!
> > I just set-up my .procmailrc (Many thanks to Oliver Elphick). But I have big mailbox (/var/spool/mail/) I want to process w. procmail. Can anybody tell me how?
>
>      Try the procmail and procmailex (examples) man or info (better yet)
> pages.  They are some of the better-written documents I've seen!  Oh...
> and read the /usr/doc/procmail directory (.gz files with the "zless"
> command) first!  The examples in the procmailex page should be most
> helpful, then more specific questions will be easier to get answers
> for.  You'll do fine!

A tip for people who are still using zless:

If you have already upgraded your system to hamm, place this line in your
.bash_profile:

eval $(/usr/bin/lesspipe)

/usr/bin/lesspipe is a filter for less that decompresses .gz files and
gives you useful information about a lot of other file formats (among
which .tar and .deb). Look at the script itself for details.

If you have Debian 1.3.X or earlier I can send you this script. It is not
large and quite useful. I don't know which version of less is required,
but I know it works with the less package in Debian 1.3.

Remco