Re: [tcsh] disabling autologout?

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I diable autologout in tcsh?  The man page tells me how I can enable

unset autologout

> it.  The problem seems to be that even under X my DISPLAY is not being set

I don't see how these two problems could be related but...

If your DISPLAY is not being set for local xterms make sure you are
setting it using "setenv" instead of "set" in your login shell.  For
remote xterms, look into the REMOTEHOST environment variable.

<PERSONAL_BIAS>
  Use bash (instead of tcsh) and ssh (for connecting to remote hosts).
</PERSONAL_BIAS>

HTH,
Keith