Assistance

On behalf of Stephen J. Carpenter:

    I have not gotten an e-mail off of my server since the computer went
down Thursday 4/9/98, so I would appreciate replies directed to:
Carpenter.stephen@MGH.harvard.edu

    My computer went down Thursday due to hardware related problems. I
replaced the Motherboard and am still having problems. I believe that
the problems are related to the new Motherboard. I've tried swapping the
processors and various other parts of the computer.
Analytical procedure was as follows:
1. Boot MS-DOS.
2. Run the boot batch file off of the Debianv1.3r6 installation CD
3. The install is fine, including fdisk, format and bad block check.
4. Unfortunately it will not boot!
5. I boot the installation disk and go to the second virtual terminal
and run E2FSCK -F /dev /HDA
  Result: File system errors... otherwise, the computer is fine.

    Someone who checked this motherboard installed windows 95 properly
The board is a "Biosys 8500 TTD (TX Chipset)
I have no info for the IDE chipset or settings.
  Any info you might have would be greatly appreciated.
            -Thanx,   SJC