Re: Edit Program

>Could anyone tell me the magic keystrokes for copy and paste?

Left mouse button marks and copies, middle (both if you only have two
and are emulating a 3-button mouse) mouse button pastes. Most X programs
follow this convention, as well as the Linux console if you run gpm.

Emacs keystrokes are (many other apps use these too):
 mark: C-SPC or C-@
  cut: C-w
 copy: M-w
paste: C-y
(C is control key, M is meta or alt key, it can also be emulated by pressing
escape first and then the indicated key). The emacs mark command sets the
start of the region to cut or copy, the cursor (point in emacs-speak) is
the end of the region.

>On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Nathan C. Burnett wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Pete Poff wrote:
>>
>> >     Is there a edit program that I can use without X-WIN that will allow
>> > me to copy and paste?  If so, where can i find it.
>>
>> emacs, vi, jed, pico.....basically all of them provided you know the magic
>> keystrokes.  Also, if you're running on the console and have gpm working,
>> you already have X-like copy-paste on the text consoles.
>>
>> l8r, Nate
>>
>> ---
>> Nathan C. Burnett              "Everyone is born right-handed, but
>> nate@acm.org                      only the greatest overcome it."
>> http://www.cps.msu.edu/~burnet26    -Slogan, Left-Handers' Club of Ireland
>>             ( ( (((In Stereo Where Available))) ) )
>>

>--

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40