Netscape Communicato

Have you tried the package wvdial that is in _some_ of the Debian
distributions? (Certainly in frozen).

Very easy to configure and it seems to work. IMO the ppp stuff is a
nightmare - before finding wvdial I had ended up with a one-line script
with all my ppp options in it as I couldn't get ppp to work any longer
(happened when I upgraded to a newer version on the ppp packages)

Regards,

Ian W
Karachi, Pakistan                             email: ianw@cyber.net.pk