Re: exim for intermittent ppp connection? Also fetchmail bombs out.
- To: "Russ Cook" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: exim for intermittent ppp connection? Also fetchmail bombs out.
- From: "Jaakko Niemi" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 21:53:51 +0300
- Message-id: <liiwi-980401215350.A0122719@lonesom>
- In-reply-to: <199803311849.MAA11766@ns2.icon.net>
>> I have installed exim because of the difficulty I've had learning to
>> configure sendmail, and because of suggestions by other posters here.
>> Can anyone give me a succinct procedure to configure exim to change my
>> debian user name to my isp user name, and change my debian domain to my isp
>> domain? Otherwise, my ISP rejects my mail as spam, telling me it doesn't
>> forward mail.
>> Thanks for any help.
I think you have to set up an alias for the username conversion in /etc/aliases.
For the domain stuff take look at example.conf in the doc directory, and especially
the qualify_domains etc. options. I don't remember exactly how that is done, but
I can always dig my old conffile from backups, if needed.
>> Russell Cook, Engineering Branch
>> WSR-88D Operational Support Facility
>> (405)366-6520 x4237
>> email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org