Re: idle users...

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Paul Miller wrote:

 :
 : Lately, I've noticed that when I exit xterm, it doesn't log me off..
 :
 : paul     ttyp3    Mar 28 15:33  old  (:0.0)
 : paul     ttyp4    Mar 28 14:24  old  (:0.0)
 :
 : Today is March 30th and I have idled set to kick idle users off after 120
 : minutes.. idled only kicked one of three 'ghost users' off, the other two
 : have been logged on for two days now..  How can I kick them off?  They're
 : not running any programs -- not even a shell.

So they're not logged in at all, no consuming of memory etc, but just a bug
in the wtmp-routines of xterm.

Maybe updating xterm helps.

Remco