Re: non-free software

Hi,
>>"Bob" == Bob Hilliard <hilliard@metrolink.net> writes:

Bob> I would like to see someone come up with a way to persuade
Bob> vendors to include as much of non-free as possible, while still
Bob> issuing the "Official CD".

	I object quite strongly. This seems to go against the spirit
 of the Social contract; we in fact prefer free software over similar
 (even possibly superiro non-free software).

Bob> One possibility is to include the
Bob> non-free directory in the "Official CD" image, and point the
Bob> vendors to a statement similar to that in the Social Contract.

	The Non-free stuff is not part of Debian, and should not be on
 the official CD.

	Any such move would dilute the perceived adherence to the DFSG
 and the social contract.

	manoj

--
 Even when he is doing evil, the fool does not realise it. The idiot
 is punished by his own deeds, like one is scorched by fire. 136