MIT Kerberos Version 5, Release 1.0.4 - Debian build problems

Hi.

I was wondering if any one had successfully built MIT Kerberos
Version 5 under Debian?  We've not yet succeeded so I would
appreciate any hints/tips from anyone who has been successful.

The machine in question is a PC (Pentium II) running Debian 1.3 and
kernel version 2.0.33.  We've successfully compiled this release of Kerberos
under Slackware and RedHat Linux (Pentiums and 486's) as well under AIX and
SunOS (with gcc).

The 'make' process bombs before completion after a successful 'configure.'
The error message doesn't seem particularly edifying to me but I am happy to
forward it to any interested parties.

Regards, Alec

Alec Sandy
APS/ANL
Sector Number 8
Building 400                               VOICE:     630-252-0280
9700 South Cass Avenue                       FAX:     630-252-0282
Argonne, IL 60439-1749                     EMAIL:  arsandy@mit.edu