Re: gated?????????

Hi!

Florian Attenberger schrieb:

> I have 2 computer connected by ethernet.
> One is connected to the inernet by isdn.
>
> What do i have to do, to get an internet connection on the other one.
> (I think the one with connection should forward the packets, that come
> from the other one)
> I thought about gated, but I dont know, how to configure it.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> bye
>
> florian attenberger

I assume you have just one IP. Then you can use IP-Masquerade. There is
a mini-howto describing how it works and how to set it up. IIRC to get
the basics work you only have to load some modules

modprobe ip_masq_ftp
modprobe ip_masq_raudio
modprobe ip_masq_irc
modprobe ip_masq_cuseeme
modprobe ip_masq_vdoline

and adjust it like this:

ipfwadm -F -p deny
ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.168.1.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0
192.168.1.0 is the adress of the localnet. So you might have to replace
it with yours. 24 means class c network. See the howto for the values of
the other network classes if needed.

Hope it helps,
Thomas