Re: Netscape 4 not working

Alex Romosan <alex@juliet.fnal.gov> on Sun, Mar 29, 1998 at 08:37:18PM -0600:
> >Yet I get "Bus Error", when i start netscape.
> >
> do you have the latest awe-netscape installed? i had to remove it to
> get netscape to work again.

Don't mind me, but what is "awe-netscape" ?

I also have this bus error.  I read that switching to libc5.4.33 will
solve the problem as there was a change in malloc() implementation that
causes this, and I have also tried the 5.4.38 in hamm's oldlibs.  I am
still getting a bus error.  For this matter, setting XNLSPATH for the
locale dir does NOT work, despite what it tells you.  You *must* have
the locale dir in a hardcoded location (i486-linuxlibc1's lib/X11 or
something, doesn't really matter) or a link there; setting XNLSPATH
makes no difference (although, strangely, MOZILLA_HOME and XKEYSYMDB
still work...)

--
Scott