Re: Deity looks AWESOME

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> >
> > > I thought it was an additional method and dselect was going to
> > > remain for the graphically-impaired (IIRC deity runs under X).
> >
> > This is Debian we are talking about... ;-)
>
> Yes, that is one of the things which caused me to switch from Red Hat.
> I'm glad to see it still runs in a text VC.

Yes, we're still concerned about those without X running (although I must
admit that I haven't looked at the test interface in a few months).

> > deity runs both under X11 and text. I have got used to dselect,
> > but Deity is way way better from the current previews.
>
> I'll grab a copy and have a look.  Are there any known, serious bugs?

Well, other than not actually installing packages? :)

The graphical interface is coming along nicely, but we haven't quite bound
it to the actual package installation routines (although those are also
very close to completion).

Scott
(note, I just compile the Deity snapshots and haven't actually contributed
significant code).