ftp.debian.org status?

   I finally got my Linux box back up after motherboard problems and
so the first thing I wanted to do was to update my old copy of hamm.
However, when I ran dselect to grab updates I find that the package
lists from ftp.debian.org are mangled or bad and only list a few
packages in them (for example, I don't think "base" is an obsolete
package:-).

   Anyone know what's up with ftp.debian.org?  Have the directories
and/or status of hamm changed?  Thanks in advance.

--
 Regards,                 | Debian GNU/__      o http://www.debian.org

 (redwards@together.net)  |         /____/ /_/ /_/\/ /___/  /_/\_\
 Teacher/Tech. Coord.     |     ...because lockups are for convicts...