Re: /etc/dhcpd.conf

On 27 Mar 1998, Ben Pfaff wrote:

>    How would I set the domain search order in /etc/dhcpd.conf?  I couldn't
>    find it in the man page nor in my O'Reilly TCP/IP admin book.
>
> The domain search order is set in /etc/resolv.conf, not in a DHCP
> config file.  See resolver(5) for details.

I understand that, but I was hoping to set the search order information
for a Win95 client to my dhcp server.  Does the dhcp daemon actually
send information found in /etc/resolv.conf to the clients?

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998 finn@midco.net wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, dpk wrote:
>
> : How would I set the domain search order in /etc/dhcpd.conf?  I couldn't
> : find it in the man page nor in my O'Reilly TCP/IP admin book.
>
> I'm sure you knew this, but the "option domain-name" statement will add
> one domain to the search order for the resolver.  You probably want
> multiple domain names there, and I'm not sure how to do that.

I did find this, but you guessed right... I was hoping to set
multiple domain names.  Thanks anyway!

Dennis