Re: Which Samba package?

Martin Bialasinski <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

: Richard A Nelson <kenpocowboy@mindspring.com> writes:
:
: > I'm improving my connectivity to work machines now...
: >
: > NFS is working fine, but I don't know which Samba package
: > to install: smbfs or ksmbfs
:
: Use smbfs. ksmbfs is obsolete. The maintainer has written some comments
: about this some time ago. You could check the mailinglistarchives about
: this.

ksmbfs is obsolete, right, but smbfs is not Samba. If you want to have
your Linux box as a file and printer server for Windows machines you
must use the Samba package. If you want to mount SMB shares made
available by Windows machines or other boxes running Samba on Unix you
can use package smbfs.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris