Re: Laptop

I'm using the Toshiba Satellite Pro 440CDT. Works beautifully :) Network
card is a PCMCIA Xircom CE3 10/100, which there is support for in the hamm
distribution. (You need the newest pcmcia-cs). Graphics chipset is
Chips&Tech, which the newer XSVGA servers have, the CDROM is IDE, which
makes it easy to support. I haven't setup the sound yet, but it looks
like it's a Yamaha OPL3, which should work.

Be careful that you don't end up with Bob's Proprietary Chipset (TM). This
happened to me with the CDROM on my former machine. Tedious.

There is a great page with lots of support for Toshiba laptops at
"http://www.cck.uni-kl.de/misc/tecra710/";. It says Tecra, but there is
Satellite stuff there too.

   I'm going to buy a laptop in a month or two. I'd like to know which laptop
   does work well with Debian. Since some of you run it on laptops, please tell
   me which ones. But keep in mind, I'm buying it privately, so don't tell me
   about high priced laptops. :-)

   Michael

   P.S.: Please CC me. I'm not subscibed here.