Re: a stupid idea, a stupid test

I am afraid that this would not help...my system does not run a web server and has
no need of a web server
What I need is a static IP...
neither my system nor the other one have DNS names...or any other way of
identifying eachother...
the idea was to use the network as a "virtual ethernet" where the 1 machine with a
static IP would be the "hub"...treating TCP/IP that is already running on the real
ethernet and layering my own network on top of it (a private one)
it woul dbe almost rivial to make a simple script to edit a web pge on an ISP
webserver
by putting my current IP in....
this however means real acess
as I said...I believe this is known as tunneling..and that there are better was of
doing it than netct and pppd
(of course I will take a look at those better ways but..I was hopeing to hack this
together quick and make it work just for fun)
-Steve