gv problem

gv hasn't worked since I upgraded to hamm in January. I even upgraded to
the new package (2.9.4-3) but it still doesn't work.
this is what happens:

bash-2.01$ gv
  gv: No message text for "missing-resources"
bash-2.01$

the appropriate packages are installed, etc.

BTW, I recompiled my kernel for the first time last week to enable sound.
I had a few problems, but I didn't have to resort to the list, so I'm
feeling as pleased as punch :]

Andrew Tarr

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the
proportions"
--Francis Bacon