Re: importing pgp keys

On Fri, Mar 27, 1998 at 12:11:00PM +0200, Arunas Norvaisa wrote:
>  This question was asked by somebody some time ago, but I don't recall it
>  answered. Please correct me if I'm wrong here and send replies to me only
>  - not harassing the whole list with the same subject for the second time
>  in a week.

There are good reasons to send replies to the list too; for instance, others
will not have to formulate replies if they agree with mine; my answer will
be archived etc.

>  Question is following:
>
>  I have PGP RSA (version 2.6.x) keys created by DOS pgp.exe. Can I just
>  copy the secring and pubring files and Linux PGP will understand them or
>  need I do something to convert them into linux-pgp readable form.
>  Generation of the new keypair is out of question here.

I have no reason to assume the keyring format to be different between DOS
and Linux, so I'd recommend just trying it.

If it doesn't work, you can transport them via PGP's ASCII armor, e.g
pgp -kxaf .

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.