kbhit() MSDOS equivalent in Linux

Hi,

	I received a message from two students about the kbhit() C MSDOS
function equivalent in Linux. I'm not a good C programmer and could not
help them. If somebody can, please.
	Thanks, and sorry for the little off-topic Debian.

[]s
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21