Re: rumba package?

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

: On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 10:26:14PM -0500, dpk wrote:
: > I belive he is looking/needing the software package 'rumba'.
:
: This names sounds like a tragedy about to happen. If I recall correctly
: (and quite possibly not), I saw a package called Rumba running
: on OS/2 in an AS/400 environment. I don't remember exactly what it did,
: but the function is probably close enough to what the other rumba
: does for this to be problematic.

Rumba is indeed a software package for OS/2, Windows 3.x/9[58]/NT
machines to interface with AS/400 or other minicomputer platforms.
Gateway 2000 uses it, for example :)  We also use it here internally to
access the billing syste,, along with BosaNova, PCom, etc ...

I wonder why I never noticed that overlap before?  Or does this Linux
rumba allow some of the same functionality ... time to hit that website
I guess.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104