Missing X file only required for version 332

I still have no luck with XF86_SVGA version 332 which I extracted from X332SVGA.TGA (it is the one and only file in that archive)  it extracts into \bin\XF86_SVGA.  I unpacked it from /usr/X11R6 and so it ends up as /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA.  (As instructed I first saved my old SVGA server as XF86_SVGA.orig).  When attempting to run startx (or just X) I get (this may not be exact)
bash: /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA: unable to exec
cannot find file or directory
X11 TransSocketUNIXConnect : Can't connect : errno = 2
(above line repeated about 6 times)
xinit: No such file or directory unable to connect to xserver

It is my understanding that it is XF86_SVGA which is unable to execute.  Therefore this file can be found in order for it to fail to execute. (it is correctly pathed in the Xserver file.)  The problem is that XF86_SVGA is looking for a file which it cannot find (one would think the appropriate error message would be WHICH file or directory it can't find, but...)

Therefore based on recommendation from Ossama Othman I installed the new XF86Setup (X332set.tgz) which would require the new VGA driver (X332VGA16.tgz).  I attempt to execute XF86Setup and I get the same error message from XF86Setup:
bash: /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86Setup: unable to exec
cannot find file or directory
I suspect that the same file needed for the new XF86_SVGA is also needed for XF86Setup.  The quick setup guide from X says that XF86Setup will first 'look around to see that all necessary files can be found' but I cannot believe it would not tell you what file(s) it couldn't find - that seems like very poor diagnostics.

If I simply replace only the file XF86_SVGA with the original version from the debian distribution it works.  (I won't say it works fine, because It's 320X200, but at least it doesn't feel it needs some files it can't find).  This leads me to believe it is not some incorrect configuration file or directory structure or link, unless the requirements for the server have changed from 3.3 to 3.3.2.
Therefore those people out there who successfully use the Matrox Millenium II must have some file somewhere that I don't have.  What could it be?  Perhaps there is some new dependency introduced in 3.3.2, and there is some package which is not necessary for 3.3 but necessary for 3.3.2.  Any guesses?

Futhermore I actually need to get some productive work done on my Linux Machine.  The XF86_Setup program from the debian distribution knows how to get X working in a perfectly functional 640X480 mode to take me through the setup (which no matter what I pick gives me 320X200).  Is there some way I can at least use the display configuration which XF86Setup uses (I assume it uses the VGA16 server) until I can divine the missing files required by the version which is suppose to work with my hardware.

-Thanks in advance,
Chip Grandits