Re: downloading debian

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Arunas Norvaisa wrote:

> On 01:04 PM 98.03.26 +0000, Jules Bean wrote (and I quoted):
> >If I understand correctly:
> >
> >bo is dead.  bo is frozen.
> >
> >Replace bo with frozen.
> >
> >Or better, still use URLs like debian/dists/stable/main.
> >

>  Agree - this path should perhaps be used instead of what
> I've written.
>
>  Don't understand your statement 'bo is dead'. Can you be
> more precise?
>
>  About 'frozen'. It's hamm being frozen we've heard stories
> already... ;)
>
>  And, perhaps it's only me who is unable to find ANYTHING
> on ftp.debian.org? It's completely EMPTY!!!

Doh.

That'd me being an idiot, and replying too fast,  hamm is frozen, bo is
stable.

But, the force of my point remains.  Use the names 'stable', 'frozen' and
'unstable', not the debian nick-names...

Anyway, I can see plenty of stuff on ftp.debian.org.  I'm guessing you
went and looked during a mirror update - I believe the mirror software may
delete everything before copying in from the master site.  Someone correct
me if I'm way out on that...

Jules