Re: downloading debian

On 01:38 PM 98.03.26 +0100, Joseph Noelmans wrote (and I quoted):
>hello,
>
>I'm trying to download the debian distribution.
>Could you please explain me how I should do this?  I don't even know
>which files I have to pick from your ftp-server.
>I have a :
>    pentium 100
>    48MB RAM
>I use Netscape to surf the Internet

 If you use ftp.debian.org, the distributions are in
/debian/bo/binary-i386 for stable distribution...

 BTW, just now tried to connect to above - it seems ftp is
EMPTY !!! Anybody knows the reason??????????

 If you'll use Sunsite or it's countless mirrors, it should
be somewhere in /pub/linux/distributions/debian/bo/binary-i386
(or similar - this differs ftp to ftp).

 AND - GET NORMAL FTP CLIENT!!! Netscape will be not capable
of downloading all the stuff. Unless you're willing to manually
doubleclick on every file-to-be-downloaded. :)

 Consider getting cuteFTP, WSFTP, FTP Explorer or similar.

 Trust this helps.

--
greetz... Arunas Norvaisa - little guy, The Masses Inc.
PGP keys on keyservers: IDs: 0x4CE4774E (DSS/DH), 0xC90D7E21