Re: long file name in cdrom

On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 11:29:11AM +0100, Remco van de Meent wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Benoit.Joly wrote:
>  : hi all, i burned some cds in windows and i can see long file name in it.
>  : But when i mount theses cds with iso9660 i see lot of ~1 files.
>  :
>  : that's because iso9660 dont support long file name?

ISO9660 proper does not support long filenames. Under UNIX systems, usually
the so called "Rock Ridge" extensions are used to give full UNIX filesystem
semantics and long filenames.

> You need to patch your kernel to support the Joliet filesystem. I think
> the patch is somewhere on www.linuxhq.com.

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/fat32.html

IIRC, the latest kernels in hamm have the fat32/Joliet patch already.

HTH,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks