Re: CHAP (non-MS) authentication problem

Just had a similar problem with my isp.  Their authentication
randomly changes between pap and chap.  I'd like to compare your
config files (options, options_out and ppp.chatscript) with mine,
but try this for a start, In your chap-secrets file try the following
line and remove the others.  Of course, put your own password in there.

yetter  *  your-password

Make sure there is a blank line entered after this single entry.
Then, if there are any pap or chap lines in the options files,
comment them out.  I once was told, and this appears to be true
from what I've seen, that most options files have too much junk
activated.

Add these line to your options file, if they are not present:

name username
netmask 255.255.255.0
0.0.0.0:aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

The netmask is for a class c address for my isp.
The aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is set to the isp's primary dns server
in my configuration.

I made too many changes to my configuration at one time to
narrow down exactly what made it work, but it did so I just
left it at that.

--
tony mollica
tmollica@sb.net