RE: X fonts

> Peter Shtinkov asked:
> I installed cyrillic fonts in X. (Debian 1.3.1), but I can't view
> cyrillic in Netscape 4.04. Please help me !

Did you configure Netscape to use these fonts for
viewing pages in Cyrillic encoding? In Preferences
in the Edit menu, go to "Appearance", choose
"Fonts" and add your fonts for the Cyrillic encoding.
You may also have to manually select Cyrillic
encoding when viewing pages that don't have the
appropriate character set info included. If the page
displays wrong, go to the "View" menu to choose
the proper encoding from the "Encoding" menu.

If you have done that, did you update the X font
database? It's "xset -fp rehash" on the command
line if memory serves me right.

HTH, Thomas