Re: X fonts

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 05:27:41PM +0200, Peter Shtinkov wrote:
> I installed cyrillic fonts in X. (Debian 1.3.1), but I can't view
> cyrillic in Netscape 4.04. Please help me !
> Thanks in advance.

Where you cannot see cyrillic? On web pages? In mail messages?

Can you see yrillic in other X applications?

Anyway, there will be problems even if you'll setup all correctly.
Netscape is buggy. The only way to see cyriliic in pop-up messages on web
pages, in subjects of mail and news messages and in some other places is to
completely erase non-cyrillic fonts from your computer and make cyrillic fonts
looks like iso8859-1. You have to copy cyrillic fonts to other directory,
"mkfontdir" there and edit fonts.dir, replacing koi8-r to iso8859-1.
Than add this directory to fontpath in XF86Config and remove old iso8859-1
fonts direcory from fontpath.
Do not forget restart X or do "xset fp rehash".

--
Alexey Vyskubov