smb/linux work-around for sma

Anyone been to www.scour.net?  Well, if you haven't, it is a really cool,
professional media search engine.

Scour.net has its own client software, available only for win95/NT,
called Scour Media Agent.  SMA works over the smb/samba protocol and I've
been able to mount shares, download, etc..  I'm wondering if anyone knows
a quicker way to download files from these sites.. -- I'd like to just
click on the link and begin downloading, with some sort of status
indicator.

When I click on a link, Scour.net sends a file called 'smadlc' .. this
file has a real basic format:

Version 1.0
url smb://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:HOST/SHARE/PATH/FILE

.. the host, share, path, and file can have spaces..

I guess a simple work around would be to make a script to execute
smbclient whenever a smadlc file exists... but that is really sloppy and
there isn't a status indicator .. I wouldn't know if there was a
successful connection, errors, eta, etc...  anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
-Paul