Re: HP Desk Jet 670 C and Linux

On Mon, Mar 23, 1998 at 01:07:16PM +0100, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
> 	Hello !
> I'm just looking for cheap colour ink printer for our students' lab.
> I didn't see HP DJ 670 C on the list of incompatible printers.
> However I couldn't find it on the list of devices available in my gs...
> Does it mean, that it may be used with Linux? Is it possible to utilize
> all its technical capabilities when driven by Linux?
> Does anybody has any experiences with this printer and Linux?

use DJ 550C, they are compatible.

But the colors will come out to dark with the standard DJ device from gs.

I heartly recommend the cdj550.upp driver from aladdin-gs 5.0. It works
great and the output is much better than plain gs.

You have to change the magicfilterscript in /usr/sbin/dj550c-filter. The
beginning should be:

# PostScript
0       %!              filter  /usr/bin/gs @cdj550.upp -q -sOutputFile=\|"cat 1>&3" - 3>&1 1>&2
0       \004%!          filter  /usr/bin/gs @cdj550.upp -q -sOutputFile=\|"cat 1>&3" - 3>&1 1>&2

# PDF
0       %PDF            fpipe   /usr/bin/gs @cdj550.upp -q -sOutputFile=\|"cat 1>&3" $FILE 3>&1 1>&2

Have Fun!
Marcus
PS: The Epson printers are also cheap and probably better.
PPS: I have DJ660C under this configuration.