Hardware question.

Hi,

I am looking at a new computer for my parrents to get me for college... I
looked at the hardware howto but somethings arn't listed.... so heres
what I am looking at getting.

Tiger K6233 customize it yourself kit.
it contains:

a ATX motherboard with the VIA 590vp2 chipset... can anyone tell me if
this will work with debian? ... it says it suports UDMA which AFAIK in not
suported by linux ... the motherboard uses a award bios... does anyone out
there have one of these mobo's... can I turn of UDMA?

a Generic S3 Virge video card ... will most of these work?

will a udma hard drive work in ide mode ...

the other hard drive I am looking at uses the interface mode called
"EIDE mode 4" what is this and will it work?

-Thanks.

-K
Kevin Poorman <ewigin@softhome.net> <ewigin.home.ml.org>
Do the Free-Ride <free-ride.home.ml.org>