Re: Anybody know how to tell for how long has ppp-if been up?

On 22 Mar 1998 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> Marcelo writes:
> > I thought of that, but the time is the time the modem got locked.  Which
> > is close, but in some circumstances not close enough (I there isn't a
> > better option, I'll use that)
>
> Have ip-up create a time-stamp file.

Cant help jumping in, is there an easy way to add/subtract times from the
output of "date"???
Or do you mean that the time-stamp file would be null length and use its
creation time? even then, how can you work out the time since creation?

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)