smail & procmail Again...sheesh!

     This message comes from account on my machine that does _not_
have the same name as that of my account with the ISP, and this
machine is connected via dynamic IP.

     Besides using the script on the "FAQ-O-MATIC," I had to enter
yet another "From:" header in the "elmheaders" file for the elm mailer
configuration (most likely a way to do this with Pine, if necessary,
too).  There's probably a cleaner way to do it, though.  Something
in smail is stripping the username ("$user"?) from the headers _after_ the
"smtp" or "smtp-rewrite" (or whatever you may have named it).  Maybe
someone can help us with this part (i.e., putting the ISP account
name back in as the $user for outgoing mail in a cleaner way than
by putting another "From:" header in the MUA configs.

     Anyway, here's my question with a little preceding notion.
In the interest of configuring procmail to deliver messages to
various mboxes on a dynamic IP machine, I need to know whether
we can put anything we want in an "X-" header addition.  And if
we do, will all other mailers (MUA's)--even MS--return these
"X-" header additions?  Thanks.

Art