Re: opendos fdisk *shifted* my partitions?

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Richard E. Hawkins Esq. wrote:

> Getting the bootable flags back wasn't the problem; they're set that way
> now.  But it litterly shifted the partition names; hda1 became hda2, and
> so forth. Is there any way to change them back?

This is exactly what OpenDOS did with my Linux system too. I fixed the
problem by using Linux fdisk. I noted all the start and end cylinders of
all partitions, then I removed them all and recreated them at their proper
places. No information on the partitions were lost in the process, but
don't take my word for it. You should always have backups.

  // Jonas <job@abc.se> [2:201/262.37]